HILARIOUS TALE: Bridgette Jones Diary.
LISTS ARE always dicey as there would always be a chance of leaving out favourites. These movies did not all set the BO on fire but they were each wonderful in their own way.
1. Bend It Like Beckham: Gurinder Chadda has created a warm wonderful film about growing up, choices, love and sports that is as wholesome as piping hot Aloo ka paratha. Surely who wants to make aloo gobi if you can make a film like this?
2. The Lord of the Rings - I, The Fellowship of the Ring: Tolkien's masterpiece comes alive with the right amount of creatures, chills, thrills and spills for the Tolkien fan as well people who do not know the T of Tolkien.
3. Bridgette Jones Diary: Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant brought Helen Fielding's hilarious tale to life on the screen and made the Singleton a part of the collective unconscious.
4. The Cell: Tarsem Singh made his name with super cool ad films and with the lovely Jennifer Lopez created a technical masterpiece backed with strong content and an exciting narrative style.
5. From Hell: This moody atmospheric thriller about Jack the Ripper with the dishy Johnny Depp and Heather Graham should be watched for its wonderfully evocative cinematography.
6. XXX: The producer-director of The Fast and the Furious team up with Vin Diesel for a testosterone pumping millennium version of James Bond where Diesel as the heavily tattooed Xander Cage pushes all the Bond buttons to exhilarating effect.
SPIELBERG'S FUTURISTIC THRILLER: Minority report.
7. Ocean' Eleven: Steven Soderberg delivers the ultimate heist film with the most gorgeous eye candy.
8. The Bourne Identity: Robert Ludlum's spy thriller of the 80s is updated to techno standards and Matt Damon gets a chance to flex some muscle.
9. Murder By Numbers: Sandra Bullock stars in this chilling tale of murder and decay in society. Inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's The Rope, the film is an intelligent thriller.
10. Minority Report: Spielberg's futuristic thriller was brilliant for its sets, taut story line and of course a certain Mr Tom Cruise.
Send this article to Friends by